This is a super simple recipe that is going to set fire to any day of the week! You can make this as fiery as you like it! I love sprinkling extra dried chilli flakes on top but this can be totally at your discretion. When I serve this up at my retreats & holidays I certainly have to tame it down a little as I’ve been told I do like it hot! But it’s always served with extra chilli flakes for those who dare to hit the heat.
The recipe is as simple as! Serves 1-2.
- 1 courgette
- 60g/21⁄4oz/1⁄2 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked in water overnight to rehydrate
- 3 soft medjool dates
- 1 large salad tomato
- 1 clove garlic (or more to taste)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 red chili (optional or to taste)
- pinch dried chili flakes
- dash piri piri sauce (optional)
- chili flakes & chopped herbs (parsley) to serve (optional)
- Lettuce to serve
- finely chopped black olives
Spiralize the courgette using the blade 2 on your ProSpiralizer (fine spaghetti) and set aside in a bowl. Blend all other ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and fold in. Serve on a bed of lettuce with extra chili flakes and finely chopped parsley and olives.
Keeping it juicy & raw