This is an amazing breakfast! Not only that but this is the first recipe I have shared from my awesome spiralizing book ‘Spiralize!‘ which was recently released with Pavilion Publishers. Since it launched I have been inundated with requests to share more spiralizer recipes (and they will come soon I promise!)
This bowl is rather special. Scented with cinnamon and guaranteed to keep your energy levels high until lunch. Plus, if you remember to soak your noodles the night before, it takes only moments to throw together. Left overnight, the apple noodles and dried fruit will plump up and take on the delicious, spicy flavours of a classic apple strudel. The perfect start to a winters day!
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus soaking serves 1
- 25g/1 oz raisins
- 25g/1 oz sultanas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large eating apple
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (activated if possible)
- 1 tsp cacao nibs (slightly milled if possible)
- The evening before serving, place the dried fruit in a medium serving bowl and pour over 300ml/ 1/2 pint/ generous 1 cup water.
- Sift over the spices and stir to combine, ensuring that the spices are well incorporated and not floating on the surface.
- Peel and spiralize the apple with your ProSpiralizer.
- Transfer the apple noodles to the bowl and stir to combine. The noodles should sit below the surface of the water, so add more water if needed.
- Cover the bowl and transfer to the fridge overnight.
- Peel the banana and place in the freezer.
- The next morning, remove the banana from the freezer and place in a blender.
- Add 150ml/1⁄4 pint/scant 2⁄3 cup water and the peanut butter.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth, lump-free and resembles milk, adding more water if necessary. Remove the bowl of apple noodles from the fridge – the dried fruit will have bloated and the water will be brown and syrupy.
- Pour the banana milk over the mixture and stir to combine. Scatter over the pumpkin seeds and cacao nibs, and serve.
NUTRITION (PER SERVING): 532 CALORIES | 13G PROTEIN | 19G FAT (OF WHICH 5G SATURATES) | 74G CARBOHYDRATE (OF WHICH 69G SUGARS) | 6G FIBRE | 0.2G SALT