Even the picture looks rather festive, doesn’t it!?
Well this darling recipe got created because of my love for ginger biscuits. There was a time when I could quite easily scoff my way through half (ok all) of a packet without a guilt trip whatsoever. Because they are so yummy! But store bought biccies are loaded with sugar, gluten, potential hidden nasties and don’t always make the healthiest of breakfasts.
So I played with this one ’til I got it just right for me. Oomph. Oh yeah.
I like it crumbly, sweet and gingery with a bit of a salt shock thrown in.
Just like my favourite crumbly biscuits. And without further ado, here’s the recipe. Please feel free to share – in fact please DO! It’s so easy to make and store and makes for a truly fantastic breakfast or anytime snack.
Many thanks to the wonderful team at Tribest for the photoshoot and making my recipes look so awesome.
- 4 cups of gluten free oats
- 1 cup buckwheat, soaked for 2 days and sprouted (activated)
- 1 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup unroasted raw peanut (or activated almond) kernels, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups walnuts, soaked for 2 hours and rinsed
- 1 tsp sea salt (flor do sal)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ cup coconut oil (warmed in a baine marie or sit jar in a bowl of hot water)
- 1/3 cup agave or maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/4 cup grape molasses (use any molasses if you can’t find grape)
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw ginger, peeled and finely chopped/grated
Using a large bowl, fold all ingredients with a wooden spoon or by hand. Transfer to a dehydrator and dry overnight (or until dry) at 40, turning once. Store in sealed glass jar. If you do not have a dehydrator you can use a preheated oven on 50 with the door ajar for at least 4 hours or until dry.
Serve with almond milk.
I use a Sedona Dehydrator (I loooove it!) and you can currently get it at 20% off (applied at the checkout) here in my shop (in fact you get 20% off everything in this shop i you you use this link!) In fact the discount applies to everything on their site… so go, go, go explore!
Keeping it juicy & raw!