Figs with hot chilli and raspberry coulis
I am just so dyyyyying to share with you my little creation for Valentine’s Day which are these scrummyliscious hot figs: which I have nicknamed Bleeding Hearts because – well – that’s just what they look like!
This little creation is really going to surprise you with it’s explosion of tastes. You just don’t expect these flavours to work together, but oh my, they so do! Perfect as an hors d’oeuvres, a random snack or as part of a very daring breakfast! I am going to indulge in these throughout the whole of February and not keep them just for the big day of love…
You will be pleased to hear that this hot, yet simple, recipe takes three of it’s four ingredients from the list of ‘top aphrodisiac foods in nature’. Figs, honey and chilli’s are meant to drive your sexy levels through the roof! So not only are they hot, they are hot.
Once nibbled, the initial flavour of sweet fruity syrup wraps over your tongue, while the fig darlings just melt in your mouth. The chilli then takes hold and sets your mouth on fire – just for a moment. And, oh, what a moment that is. Finally, there is always a bit of a lip lick as there is just ALWAYS too much sauce. And why not! Completely mouthwatering. Completely indulgent. Competely hot. Completely good for you.
And so, here’s the recipe:
- Fresh organic figs
- Fresh organic hot chillis
- Raw honey (or maple syrup, or agave or other liquid sweetener)
- Fresh organic raspberries (or frozen can work)
To make the coulis:
- Blend one cup raspberries (or more depends on the batch size you want to make!) with 1/3 cup raw honey (or maple syrup).
- You can use just as it is or I prefer to strain through a muslin bag to get all the seeds out.
To make your bleeding hearts:
- Wash the figs and slice them in half lengthways.
- Create a ‘pit’ in the centre by gently using the tip of a teaspoon.
- Place in the pit a small slice of finely chopped chilli.
- Drizzle the raspberry coulis over the figs – or use the coulis as a dip.
- Prepare for blast off!
And if you would like to learn how to create more amazing raw, healthy dishes then look out for Explore Raw Cookery School coming this year!
Keeping it juicy & raw