A wonderful winter warming recipe that takes only two minutes to prepare!
Well yes as you can see I am still on my ‘soup for the soul’ roll! (see previous blog post here!) and I have been working through recipes a-plenty. I have even bought myself some new ramen bowls! Yaayy!! Well they were only £1.70 from my local supermarket so I don’t feel too guilty on splashing out on myself especially so soon before Christmas.
OK so here’s the recipe for the Raw Ramen. Really. Delicious.
Makes one large bowl of Ramen. Increase ingredients to suit.
- 1 teaspoon cold pressed sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 small finely chopped red chilli
- 1 small finely chopped green chilli
- 1 thumb finely sliced ginger
- 1 organic spring onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
- splash of boiling water to mix into a paste
- 1/2 dudhi or other root vegetable like radish, mooli, parsnip etc
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 celery stick
- 2 large leaves of choi (I used choi sum)
- 1/2 cup kale
- I chopped up the spiralized stick of dudhi too (the inner cigar that is left when you spiralize your veggies)
Spiralize the dudhi (if you dont have a sprializer then why not try this one or use a veggie peeler) and finely chop the pepper and celery. Wash and destalk the kale and the leaves and push all the veggies into your soup bowl. The bowl should be bulging with veggies (they will slightly reduce when you put the hot water in.
Pour over the broth paste and pour boiling water over the veggies until it almost reaches the top of the bowl. Press the veggies into the broth and gently stir.
Ready to eat!!
If you are loving your spiralizer and want to get more recipes check out my book SPIRALIZE!!
Keeping it juicy & raw